Date:      Sat, 07 Sep 1996 17:19:22 -0500
From:      "Shawn L. Bierman" <biermans@mem.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        biermans@mem.net
Subject:   obtaining software

I have tried to install freebsd 2.1.5 via ftp (dynamic PPP) and when I
am prompted to go into "term" mode via the ALT+F3 keystroke I get
nothing.  I type term and can only type ~p or ~. .  How do I start the
dialing sequnce?  Also, I can't provide the installation program with an
address for my ISP or DNS because it is all dynamic.  I tried pinging
DNS.MEM.NET (my provider) but it said bad address. So i tried NS.MEM.NET
and got 206.155.209.32.  Should I use that?  What about the gateway?
Last thing, If I just wanted to download all the software how would I do
that?  I can't find a "DOWNLOAD THIS DIRECTORY" type directory, It's all
kinda broken up and I don't know where to start.
sorry for the barrage of questions.
-shawn