Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:41:36 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Justin Booth" <jbooth@ccbill.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: system monitoring?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Booth" <jbooth@ccbill.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 4:24 PM
Subject: system monitoring?

Hello,
    How can I tell what is wrong with a system?  I've managed to weezle
around and figure things here and there, about MaxUsers, FLDSIZ, MAXFLDSIZ.
but is there a definitive way to tell what is wrong with a system?

Yes...there is usually a definite way to figure out what is wrong with a
system.  I am sorry to say that its not the sort of thing that we can just
tell you in one simple email.  If you are having a specific problem and
would like some hejp, send us the details of the problem you are
encountering along with your system configuration and we'll give you a hand.

If you are just looking for some general FreeBSD help then I can recommend
the on-line handbook and FAQ....if you like books, then I can recommend The
Complete FreeBSD by Greg Lehey.

Josh

    -Justin Booth