Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:53:00 -0500
From:      "Hicks, Jerry" <Jhicks@ATLANTA.GLENAYRE.com>
To:        "'Michael V. Harding'" <mvh@nofear.com>
Cc:        "'chat@freebsd.org'" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Netcom blocked?

-redirected to chat-

Caused me to cancel my Netcom account.  I am a former employee of Dave
Garrison, CEO of Netcom.  Knowing his personal opinion of spam I don't
see how his systems management team has been able to get away with
having open relay hosts.

My inquiries to Netcom customer support were spun off as a
misconfiguration of my mail client (shrug).

Considering Netcom's anti-spam "statement", their position on relaying
seems to be extremely hypocritical.

Hopefully, some resolution will be forthcoming...

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
jhicks@atlanta.glenayre.com