Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:40:01 -0800
From:      "Mike Batchelor" <smujohnson@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ALT Keys in terminals - 320x200 in X

Hey all,

I have FreeBSD 4.2-Release and I have tried and tried and nearly slit my
wrists over these next few problems.  No matter how hard I try, I still
can't solve them.  If anyone out there can help, please do so! :)

ALT Keys in terminals:  In my 80x25 console / Xterm in X86, I can't take
advantage of my ALT keys.  Of course, they do work in X (I can switch
windows with ALT-TAB just fine), but not in the terminals.  This is a real
pain because I can't switch between windows in BitchX with ALT-1, ALT-2 ..
etc..

320x200 in X:  I can't get 320x200 looking properly in X windows.  It has
something to do with my monitor I think, because I used to have a 17" flat
screen that worked perfectly but got rid of the monitor  for this crappy
GoldStar 1465.  I got the correct sync ranges for the GoldStar, but it
doesn't make a difference when setting up xf86config.  What happens is,
there are double cube images, side by side, of roughly what the window would
look like.  This resolution works perfectly in MS-Windows with no troubles
at all.

PS I have a Hercules Guillemot (Nvidia Geforce 256)

Thanks guys!!