Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:30:39 -0500
From:      <zate.berg@us.pwcglobal.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SVGA Text mode.

Hi All,

I'm not on the list yet so please CC me with replies.

I have a question reguarding FreeBSD (well duh). =A0I am currently runn=
ing
Mandrake 7.2, and its nice. =A0But all the reading I have been doing po=
ints
to the fact that FreeBSD is nicer for some of the things I'd like to do=
,
mainly NAT / Firewall / Apache Server / Game Server.

The question I have is - Is it possible to run the command line at say
1024x768 resoloution? =A0I have this currently in Mandrake and I like i=
t.
I'd like to be able to do this in BSD aswell. =A0Now before anyone emai=
ls me
flaming me, this isnt a must have. =A0Its something I like about Mandra=
ke and
if i can do this with FreeBSD then bonus, if I cant then thats cool too=
. =A0I
plan to keep the Mandrake box and run it internally as a Lotus Notes
server.

Box specs are :

Duron 700
256 MB Ram
Abit KT7 mobo
6.4 Gb ATA66 7200 RPM drive.
2x 10/100 Cards - 1 Compaq NC3120 and 1 Netgear I think.

Anyhow, any tips on the command line res would be helpful.

Thanks

Zate.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity t=
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, o=
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you rece=
ived
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from a=
ny
computer.=