Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:10:56 +0100
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installkernel fails on 4.7Rel p2

Hi,  I can't figure this one out,  I have already installed a custom kern=
el on=20
this sytem and now I'm trying to make a new one.  It build fine, but=20
intallkernel fails with:
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   joy.ko /modules
install -o root -g wheel -m 444 joy.8.gz  /usr/share/man/man8
install -o root -g wheel -m 555  /usr/src/sys/modules/joy/joy.sh /usr/bin=
/joy
install: /usr/src/sys/modules/joy/joy.sh: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

I look and I see that joy.sh is not on my system.  ok where did it go?
I dl'd it and i hope it will work if I just put it in it's place.
Alright, so in investigating this it brought up two more questions.

1) someone mentioned make.conf and=20
MODULES_OVERRIDE   it seems this requires a list of modules *to* build, b=
ut=20
it's not possible to just exclude one.  How would I build this list, and =
what=20
syntax?
2) if I use NO_MODULES instead, are there any critical modules I'll be=20
missing?  I have everything I think I want in my kernel config file so I=20
shouldn't need any modules right?
Thanks,

=09Tim