Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 12:03:39 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Daniel Berlin <DanielB@university.microsoft.com>
Subject:   Re: disassembling i386 code

Daniel Berlin wrote:

> >Does it work with any of the emulators that run on FreeBSD?
> >
> >Warner
>
> Good question.
> I've played with it under VMWare (which should run under FreeBSD through
> linux emulation, though i've not tried it), and it worked fine.
> It includes a win32 console executable, os/2 text mode executable, and DOS
> extended executable.
>
> I'm mainly stuck using it on my very nice laptop (which can even run NT5 at
> a reasonable speed, but that's because it's a P2-350), which FreeBSD doesn't
> run on.

What sort of botched up laptop did you get?  FreeBSD runs quite nicely
on my shiny new Sony F160.  PII/300, 64MB, 4.3GB, 14.1" NeoMagic.
I haven't gotten sound working yet, but I haven't tried.  This little
box is COOL.

Now, I need to dump some of the Sony-supplied windows spooge so I can free
up a Gig or so for BeOS.  ;^)