Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:24:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   compat slice

Hi!

I'm trying to use both -CURRENT and -STABLE, on different slices on
the same disk. The first slice is for -CURRENT(a DOS one that I'm
nuking) and the second is for -STABLE.

I use the 2.2.7-RELEASE bootdisk to fdisk and disklabel the -CURRENT
slice. However, when I reboot the boot:-prompt says "empty partition",
and "kernel not found". Fdisk also shows the flag "C"(as in
compatibility) for the first slice.

To boot -STABLE again, I must remove the newly added slice.

I though the removal of the compat devices should enable me to do
something like this. Is this possible or must I use two different
disks?

Please CC me since I'm not on this list.

Regards, Tommy(thallgren@yahoo.com)