Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 00:51:42 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        paul@originative.co.uk
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: Request For Better Communications]

> I'm sure I've seen fairings being used in commit messages recently, have we
> adopted it as part of the FreeBSD jargon, what does it mean in that context?

It's thrown out in discussion whenever a completely nonsensical
argument in one's favor(?) is called for, I.E. at the end of a really
long thread for which the outcome is no longer even cared about since
everyone is now so sick of it or in rebuttal to another nonsensical
argument ("Change the loader to look for /kernel.pl?  What about fairings?").

> While I'm on this subject, what the hell does GC stand for? It's used when
> things get deleted.

Garbage Collect.  Another man sadly deprived of LISP in his university
CS curriculum, I see. :-)

- Jordan