Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:13:52 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IPv6 / ndp taking a long time to resolve in this weeks STABLE

Following on from what I write about CARP, I've noticed another strange
thing happening with IPv6. Things which appear not to connect, and then
connect after a few seconds. To me it looks like ndp is having a
hard time mapping addresse to ether addresses. What I see is that
if a ping doesnt work and I look at the ndp, it has 'no entry' in
it for at least 5 seconds. Eventually it gets one, anbd thenm everyhting
is fast as ever. But all a bit strange - ndp problems would epxlain
what I was seeing with CARP too.

Am going to try and set up a little test network here to experiment with
this later today, in the meantime, has anyone else had IPv6 issues with
a recent stable ?

-pete.