Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:02:18 -0500
From:      "antenneX" <antennex@swbell.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Script help using "cut"

Been trying to complete a script that I can use to grep spam emails
from the maillog, then trim it to just the plain email address. Trying
to use "cut" in the script but it's not doing what I want yet.

Here is what the earlier lines have the lines down to so far:
"        (envelope-from spammer@badguy.com)"  -- no quotes
...and I want this "clean" trimmed result after trim using "cut" or
anything else that works to trim/cut:

spammer@badguy.com  <--- no underlines of course

That's a TAB space at beginning of the line.

The "envelope" lines are in a tmp file in colum format (one line below
the other).
    (envelope-from spammer@badguy.com)
    (envelope-from spammer2@badguy2.com)
    (envelope-from spammer3@badguy3.com)