Date:      Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:27:21 -0500
From:      Greg <excalibr@avalon.net>
To:        www@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Bad ports

What I am used to I guess is when I click the Download link under a port I
expect to download the port. That is, a tar of the directory containing the
Makefile, distinfo, files dir, and so on.
what I am getting instead is an open ftp client waiting inside that directory.
Now, I suppose that I can build the requisite directories my self and mget the
stuff in batches, but it kind of defeats the point of the download link, now,
doesn't it? (besides invalidating the claim made in the intro to the ports)

The ports in question are the amanda ports (all of them!)
here is one of the exact urls I used
(note this is what the link download (shown below) went to
ftp://ftp5.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/misc/amanda24-server/

amanda24-server-2.4.2p2_1
       The Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver
       Maintained by: jeh@FreeBSD.org
       Requires: amanda24-client-2.4.2p2_1, gettext-0.10.35, gmake-3.79.1,
gtar-1.13.19, libtool-1.3.4_2
       Description : Sources : Package : Changes : Download