Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:17:12 -0500
From:      Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl@ringofsaturn.com>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, gerald@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine Issue

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:55:20 +0200 (CEST), Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

>>> You should notify the maintainer of wine. You can find maintainer's
>>> address in /usr/ports/emulation/wine/Makefile
>> I was looking for confirmation and also the wiki mentioned emailing
>> here.
>> I've copied the maintainer to hear from them as well.
>
> I am not actually maintaining the AMD64 version of the Wine port for
> FreeBSD, but if I understand your correctly the solution to the
> problem
> you ran into is installing the 32-bit version of binutils into the
> build
> environment for that version of Wine?  If so, it might be best to
> update
> the Wiki instructions for the AMD64 accordingly and should someone
> submit
> a version of the port for AMD64 support, that would be a good
> BUILD_REQUIRES I guess, though I'm puzzled what the actual issue may
> be.
>
> Gerald

Gerald,

The wiki already gives instructions on how to do just that:

Step 1:
# cd /usr/src && make buildworld installworld distribution TARGET=i386
DESTDIR=/compat/i386
# chroot /compat/i386
# /etc/rc.d/ldconfig start
# mount -t devfs devfs /dev
# mkdir -p /usr/ports; mount nfs:/usr/ports /usr/ports  (or mount it
via nullfs from outside the chroot, or just copy everything over)

I am not sure how to make a port require the 32bit world to be
installed somewhere.

Rusty Nejdl