Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:11:17 +0100
From:      Gerald de la Pascua <geralddelapascua@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3ware raid disks requiring fsck ing,

I have started getting failures on a freebsd 4.x machine running 3ware card=
,=20
the machine had been crashing from time to time, and it crashed and would=
=20
not reboot saying noufs.=20
 Replacing the 3ware card ( a 7002 I think, the older 2 port ones) with a=
=20
7006 fixed this issue, but since then I have been getting crashes every few=
=20
weeks/months, where the machine needs to do fsck's on the file partiitions,=
=20
to come back to life. this is odd for a raid system, and didn't seem to=20
happen before.=20
 I am thinking perhaps there is a hardware issue on this machine, and=20
perhaps it fails under load ?=20
 does anyone have any experience of this?=20
might the change of card be significant ?
 kind regards,=20
 Gerald de la Pascua