Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 05:46:02 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.4-RELEASE -> 4.0-RELEASE via source

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 10:03:07PM -0400, Crist J. Clark wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 09:39:37PM +0200, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> > I tried to upgrade a machine running 3.4-RELEASE today, using the source
> > in 4.0-RELEASE. It didn't work out good? The "buildworld" failes, when
> > it comes to ppp Actually I don't find a /usr/src/usr.bin/ppp directory
> > as the make at that point wanted. That's why it fails. How come this is
> > missing, or am I missing something obvious?
>
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp

OK! I misread. It's there. Doesn't explain though why the compilation
breaks at that point. It was complaining about some missing crypt code,
and I've got the /usr/src/secure

Sorry I don't have the correct Error message, but since I misread
usr.bin I was stuck on that. I'll rebuild and crash at the same place
again :)

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_