Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 01:20:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pine 3.95 & lib.so.3.0

I got the pine 3.95 package and used pkg_add on it, but when I
tried to run it the library lib.so.3.0 was not found.  (This
system is 2.1.5.)  Where might I get this?  Or did I only
need to type ldconfig to make it work?

Since the package overwrote my 3.94 installation (I guess there
is no way to avoid this with a package), I uninstalled it and
reinstalled 3.94.  Although the 3.94 port exists in the FreeBSD/incoming
directory, the distfile is no longer available from Washington nor
does it exist on FreeBSD; so I used the copy I had around, which
worked once I did rehash and ldconfig.

Annelise