Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 16:49:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <amir@neuron.net>
To:        rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        amir@neuron.net, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI errors and repeated panics

> I see justin replied about a kernel bug, but thought I might mention that
> you did not complete the scsi bus termination description:

OK -- I re-supped last night and recompiled my kernel.

> The upper 8 bits are terminated on the 2940UW, if not you have
> a miss termination on the data<7-15> signals of the scsi bus,
> please check your SCSI-Select BIOS settings.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.  I've had devices on boith the 8 and
16 bit internal connectors on the card since the first day I brought the
machine online back in February.  The only change I've made to the setup
is that originally, the 4 gig HP C1533 DAT was at the end of the 8-bit
chain and now it's in the middle, with the NEC CD-ROM drive at the end
(the termination on both set appropriately as far as I could tell from
the manuals).  From the outset I'd adjusted the 2940UW's built-in
termination to match this configuration as specified in the manual.
Furthur advice or clarification would be greatly appreciated, as it
started giving me the same errors again a short while ago (I called the
guy who was sitting at the console and had him bring prozac [the machine]
down for 15 minutes rather than letting it panic and crash).   Thanks in
advance,

	-Amir