Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:30:26 -0500
From:      Britt Dodd <brittman914@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.1 PPC64 on XServe G5 hangs at Openfirmware Loader [USB stick booting a PowerMac G5]

AFAIK, the Powermac G5 and the XServe G5 are architecturally very similiar,
or similiar enough with respect to Open Firmware that these instructions
should work correctly on an XServe G5.

I'm not sure why this is the case, but people are giving away XServe's and
demanding high dollar for the powermac G5. I bought a "never opened" G5 for
$100 and recently bought 3 Intel XServe's and two (rather useless) empty
XRAIDs for $300.