Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 09:22:36 -0600
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
To:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of ISDN drivers

Apparently, garyj@frt.dec.com scribbled:
> Sure would be interesting to try it.
> And it would *really* be nice to have someone in the US test the ISDN
> stuff !

Hey, put a cheap or free card in my hands, I'll test it....! :-)
(I've currently got the Pipeline-50 solution.)

> WRT getting 128kb/sec. I though the RBOCs in the States only support
> 56kb/sec. per channel ? How you going to squeeze 128kb/sec. out of that ?

No, we can get full 64kb/sec support from both B channels.
*Some* places like pac-bell land on the west coast are behind
the times and still only support the 56kb/sec lines by faking
it (with partial T1 resources?).  I've got 128kb/sec here at my
house, though, in Southwest Bell land.

jdl