Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 21:04:15 -0400
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: mutex vm not owned

* Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org> [010521 20:02] wrote:
> David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie> writes:
> > On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:44:16AM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> >
> > > exit1 calls shmexit with vm_mtx held on line 228 of kern_exit.c
> > > (rev. 1.127).  Actually, shmexit_myhook should always be called with
> > > vm_mtx held, so shm_delete_mapping can't assume it isn't held.
> >
> > The following seems to work. It's basically your patch, but it
> > removes the patch which was originally committed, adds an extra
> > assert, expands on one comment and grabs a mutex in one place
> > it seemed to be needed after removing the others.
>
> Great!  I can confirm that this works for me.  Alfred, any objections
> to me or David committing this?

I'd like to see the issues cleared up asap, if you have a delta
please go ahead and commit it, just make sure you toss me a headsup
about it either pre- or post- patch.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"