Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:01:32 +1100
From:      "John Saunders" <john.saunders@scitec.com.au>
To:        "FreeBSD questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PCCARD questions

I just installed FreeBSD 3.0 on my Toshiba notebook and have
some questions about getting my PCMCIA cards working. I managed
to get my modem card working but I'm not sure if it's the right
way. I built a kernel with sio0 and sio1 configured, however
during boot I get a bunch of error messages about sio1 not being
probed. However when pccardd starts it assigned my modem happily
to sio1 and it works OK. However I have found an option called
EXTRA_SIO and was wondering if I can use this to re-allocate
the space for sio1 without the error messages at boot time? How
is this normally done.

What about ethernet cards? I haven't been able to get my ethernet
card going yet. Do I need any special options for it?

Thanks.
 ,--_|\  | John Saunders    mailto:John.Saunders@scitec.com.au   |
/  Oz  \ | SCITEC LIMITED   Phone +61294289563  Fax +61294289933 |
\_,--\_/ | "By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends." |