Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 23:23:54 UT
From:      rob@pythonemproject.com
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Re: Re: Can Sysinstall now deal with 2 FBSD partitions?

Thanks for responding,

First slice on the drive is Win2K. My first FBSD slice has ad0s2a /, ad0s2b swap, ad0s2d /var ad0s2e /tmp ad0s2f /home and ad0s2g /usr  (I'm doing this from memory since I'm at work)

In sysinstall, I created a new slice and made the exact same partitions, only they were ad0s3*.  I assigned all the mount points.  I left the original ad0s2 mount points as "*".  Then I used the developer release CD as the installation medium.

And to my surprise, when I booted up, I had -current on ad0s2, and ad0s3 did not exist.

Maybe I will try this again, but I am kind of wary.

Rob.