Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 2013 13:55:48 +0200
From:      Matthias Petermann <matthias@d2ux.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        matthias@d2ux.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI Lenovo X121e (Model 3045-79G, i3, HD3000) Suspend and LCD Brightness

Hello Kevin,

Zitat von Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>:
> Can't help with suspend/resume, but I can point you to the brightness
> solution.
>
> This is probably the same issue that impacts most recent Lenovo laptops. If
> so, there is a fix in the thread titled "Fixing X220 Video The Right Way"
> on this (acpi@) mailing list with the patch by jhb on Feb. 28, but be usre
> to a followup message on using the fix posted on June 14. It' a tricky
> issue with getting a string with quoted characters parsed correctly.
>
> There have been a number of discussions on ThinkPad suspend/resume, but I
> have not seen a reliable fix. (I can't resume mine at this time, though it
> suspends fine :-)

Thanks for your reply. I found the thread you recommended to me and
followed up with it.
Looks like I cannot apply the same procedure unchanged to the X121e.

It would be interesting to know if the suspend / brightness issues are
specific to the Thinkpads with integrated Intel HD graphics or if also
the NVidia models are affected.

Kind regards,
Matthias