Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:33:15 +0200
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        dhaneshk k <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ScreenCapturing tool for FreeBSD-7.0 Release

Roland Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 09:09:23AM +0000, dhaneshk k wrote:
>
>> HI all ;
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a working screencapturing tool such as XvidCap
>> for FreeBSD-7.0 ,
>>
>> I installed XvidCap but its not working any other tools OR Solutions
>> for doing screen Capturing ..
>>
>> It will be useful for  demo presentations  alot..
>>

> If you are using X11, try xwd(1) that comes with it. You'll need a tool
> like netpbm or ImageMagick to convert dump files to other formats.
>
> Or you can use the gimp to capture and process window images under X11.
>
> I'm not aware of any screen dump apps on the console. You can of course
> run console apps in an X terminal and capture that.
>
> Roland

ImageMagick has the 'import' command which can directly capture screen
to some sensible format such as jpg. You'll get a pointer from which you
can drag a box on the screen which you want to capture. Alternively you
can just click an application to take a screenshot of that application
window. And probably you can make screenshots of the entire screen
without having to drag a box too

--
-Frank Staals