Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:37:36 +0200
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        frodef@acm.org
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: MMX

 FVF> What is the preferred way for my application to determine if the
 FVF> CPU is MMX-capable?

I don't know about 'preferred', but look at `dmesg`, after CPU there a
line features=0xXXXXXX<FOO, BAR, BAZ ...> this line should include MMX
if you have it (at least it does for me).

If you mean from a program, I pass the question for someone with more
clues than me ...

--
Rasmus Kaj ---------------- rasmus@kaj.a.se - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \            Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. -Euripides