Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:25:20 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        john@goodleaf.net, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT-DDR hardware?

Mike Smith wrote:

> > I'm getting interested in the x86 again. The new Micron DDR RAM chipset is
> > looking kind of cool, and since I'm seeing prices for DDR that are hardly
> > higher than for conventional SDRAM, I might indulge in such as system.
> >
> > How's FreeBSD looking with regard to the this new memory standard (if I may
> > use the word)?
>
> Why would FreeBSD care?  It's just memory. 8)
>
> Seriously; there's less than no chance that a new memory standard would
> require any software support with the market the way it is.  Legacy
> compatibility is *everything*.

drifting one little more from the original topic :

Does someone in the FreeBSD project have any information about the "just
about to arrive" new SMP chipset from AMD ? (760MP IIRC)

I'm quite satisfied with a lowly BP6, but I'd like to get another gadget
and I would prefer not sending any money to Intel.

	Cheers

	TfH

--
Thierry Herbelot