Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:50:10 -0500
From:      "Sonne, Byron" <bsonne@mtsinai.on.ca>
To:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mpd errors when trying to connect using MS pptp client

Greetings all,

When I try to connect to my FreeBSD 4.2 box (running mpd as a pptp server)
using the Win2k pptp client, I get the following error "Disconnected. Error
619: The specified port is not connected".

If I then look in my mpd.log, I see the following occur twice, here is one
of them:

Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd: [pptp] LCP: SendConfigReq #21
Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd:  ACFCOMP
Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd:  PROTOCOMP
Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd:  MRU 1500
Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd:  MAGICNUM e76a24e1
Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd:  AUTHPROTO CHAP MSOFT
Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd: [pptp] error writing len 27 frame to bypass: No
route to host
Mar  6 12:43:33 cleric mpd: pptp0-0: ignoring SetLinkInfo

Of major interest to me is the second last line that contains the "No route
to host" comment. If they can start the handshake to the point where we can
get an error, then it seems to me there has to be some kind of route. I
thought perhaps my firewall rules were dropping a short packet generated in
this exchange, but tweaking the rules didn't seem to make any difference
(perhaps I didn't tweak them correctly ?)

Can someone shed some more light on what this is trying to tell me? I'm
hoping this will help point me in the right direction so I can figure out
how to fix it.

Regards,
Byron Sonne