Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:30:11 +0900
From:      NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji@jp.freebsd.org>
To:        kimoto@ohnolab.org
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to use nForce3 internal NIC on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT-AMD64

Hi,

I just have found your posts from an archive of freebsd-amd64. And I
want to try your new drivers.

I bought exciting Dual Opteron box with

o Rioworks HDAMD
o Adaptec 29320A-R
o Seagate's U320 73GB drives (I do not remember the exact name)
o and so on

(Yes, I should have read amd64 archive before I choose the parts...)

And, as you can imagine easily, got into trouble with 5.3-BETA5.
The problem is,

1. With ACPI, 29320A-R is detected but the drives are not. System
   hangs up while booting.
2. Without ACPI, no system hangup but no SCSI and no drives.
3. Without ACPI and with a SATA drive, installation was successfull
   but no on-board NIC is available.
4. Without ACPI, with a SATA drive and with rtk(4) card, the box works
   good, but no U320 drives and no on-board NIC are available. :(
5. Fedora Core 2 is easily be installed and works fine. :p

Which is better to test Kimoto-san's way or David's nve(4)? Are they
different?

Thanks in advance.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki