Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:53:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>
Cc:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Dave Alderman wrote:
> Does anyone know if the VIA Apollo VP2 is any better?   What about the
> new AMD CMD640 chipset (which is based on the VP2 - maybe it IS the
> VP2)?

The stats on the VP2 look nice (http://sysdoc.pair.com/ has some bench's).
But I'd be interested also in any SiS powered boards, SiS seem to come
out with chipsets which really are better than the competition, but they
don't release anything new often enough to be a serious competitor.

I do like SiS though, they're just not supported under Windows very well,
which is oh such a shame.

Steve Roome.