Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:50:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   world death in gperf, and much do you want to bet it won't reproduce?

--- gperf ---
cc -O2 -pipe -D_HAVE_PARAM_H -DLO_CAL -DGATHER_STATISTICS
-I/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include  -static -o gperf options.o
iterator.o main.o perfect.o keylist.o listnode.o xmalloc.o hashtable.o
boolarray.o readline.o stderr.o version.o getopt.o
ld: /usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/lib/aout/libgcc.a: malformatted header
of archive member:
*** Error code 1
1 error

Is this some sort of ELF fallout?  I'm still running an a.out system.
Latest source, softupdates, make -j12 world, MFS /tmp, BT-948
controller, uniprocessor, *is there anything else I should be reporting
here*?

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."