Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:04:38 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfsd spam in /var/log/messages

On 07/28/14 05:55, Rick Macklem wrote:

> Assuming /export is one file system on the server, put all
> the exports in a single entry, something like:
> V4: /export -sec=sys -network 10.0.10 -mask 255.255.255.0
> /export/usr/src /export/usr/obj /export/usr/ports /export/packages /export/library -maproot=root
>
> OR you can just allow the clients to mount any location
>    within the server file system using -alldirs like:
> V4: /export -sec=sys -network 10.0.10 -mask 255.255.255.0
> /export -alldirs -maproot=root
>
> At least I think I got this correct;-) rick

Then it would seem that that it is not possible to do per-host
filesystem access control from a single server.  Is that true?

The larger project I am working on intermittently is to see if I can
work out a way to secure NFSv4 so that the net transport is encrypted
(via ssh|spiped tunnel, perhaps) and the server has per host (per user
would be better) filesystem access control, WITHOUT kerberos.  Maybe
ACLs?  I have looked into ACLs but they don't look very promising for
multiple platform support.

Thanks,
Russell