Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:01:19 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn@freenet.de>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status of flash9/flash10 support in RELENG_7 ?

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 18:17:10 +0200
Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 16:31:12 Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > Ok, I've now reinstalled all Linux-based ports, including
> > nspluginwrapper and linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r32.
> >
> > Here's the output from nspluginwrapper -v -a -i as a normal user:
> >
> > Auto-install plugins from /home/garyj/.mozilla/plugins
> > Looking for plugins in /home/garyj/.mozilla/plugins
> >
> > Hmm.  Nothing happens?  ~/.mozilla/plugins is and remains empty.
>
> Did you create the link mentioned here:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html#MOZ-FLASH-PLUGIN

Thanks.  With the symbolic link nspluginwrapper found and installed
the flash plugin and flash seems to work.

There are definitely some problems with the nspluginwrapper port!

The directory /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins didn't exist and I had to
create it myself.

It seems like this directory and the symbolic link into it should be
created by the port and not be left up to the user to take care of.

---
Gary Jennejohn