Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:33:50 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        <ben@cahostnet.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Reboots....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Ossei" <ben@cahostnet.net>
To: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2001 10:40 AM
Subject: Reboots....

> I updated my machine from 4.2-RELEASE to 4.2-STABlE and everything
seemed to have worked fine.  The machine ran for two days and then all
of a sudden it rebooted by itself.  Now when I reboot it it passes the
boot prompt and reboots again and again at the same spot.  What went
wrong here?  Is this a bug? How can I get my machine back?

> Thanks...

Well, you could start by telling us what errors you are getting in
/var/log/messages, if any, and at what point in the boot
it reboots at.  Read your own message and try to figure out what's
going on from it.  Not easy, is it?  ;)

Josh