Date:      Sun, 03 Dec 2000 15:31:19 -0700
From:      Tom Snell <gracchus@inficad.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD 4.1: First Install: microuptime()???

Tom Snell wrote:

> I tried John's suggestion, going to ttyv1 (and ttyv2, 3, & 4), but as
> soon as I put a command in, the "microuptime()" lines started bursting
> forth as before.
>
> I think now I'll reinstall without the APM option.  I recall where the
> APM code for Linux used to be buggy, and it took developers awhile to
> make it work across many mobo platforms.  It really does appear, in
> reading Rocky's and James' replies, that it may have something to do
> with earlier Athlon CPU's or certain Athlon motherboards (or just bad
> system clocks?).

Well, I tried installing without checking the APM package, but the same
thing happened; do I need to modify the source code itself to disable
the APM option?  I have another dual-boot box with a Celeron 466 aboard,
so once I pull off the Linux distro, I'll try installing FBSD to that
one and see what happens.

Thanks again, guys, for all your feedback.

Tom Snell