Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:56:33 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "Jim Freeze" <jim@freeze.org>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Opera Browser

}-----Original Message-----
}From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
}[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Jim Freeze
}Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 8:39 AM
}To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
}Subject: OT: Opera Browser
}
}Has anyone used the Opera browser for linux on FBSD?
}If so, which version did you install and was the
}installation difficult?
}
}Currently I am running FBSD 3.4R.
}
}Thanks
}
}====================================================
}Jim Freeze
}jim@freeze.org
}---------------------------------------------------
}** http://www.freeze.org **
}====================================================
}
yep, I installed it about a week ago on my laptop. Opera version is
4.0b3. Qt is 2.2.1. For the features Opera has, it seems to run ok.
Keep in mind the b3 part of the version is "beta 3", so it's not done.
I don't see it as full featured as other browsers, but I do notice
it's *MUCH* lighter on my 266mhz w/32mb ram laptop. It's got a 30 day
trial limit, but as long as I see progress, I'll continue to track
it's newer versions as they're released. As for your question about
the installation being difficult, all you have to do is to cd to the
proper ports directory and type "make install".
-Otter
p.s. if it matters, my laptop is 4.2-RELEASE running XF86-4.01_10