Date:      11 Mar 98 23:15:56 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail, ruleset 93, masquerading outgoing.

I can't make sendmail rewrite my outgoing adress.
My machine is called darla.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk; It actually has a MX, but
generally I want to be sending as leifn@image.dk.

I connect to my single-user account at image.dk by ppp.

I have enabled genericstable in sendmail.cf, removed the hashes in front of the
first part of ruleset 93, removed the class of users which don't get
masqueraded, made a genericstable, and makemap hash genericstable
<genericstable.

leifn@darla     leifn@image.dk

I have listed all combinations of no domain name, full domain name, only
machine name, etc.
Still sendmail -bt doesn't rewrite; neither actually sending mail gets
rewritten.

If I send with pine, my sender adress gets to be root@image.dk, so some mail
probably gets answered to my isp's sysadm...

What could I be doung wrong?

I'm running the latest 2.2.6-beta.

I can't find any "reply-adress" in pine either; this could be a workaround.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---