Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:31:41 EET
From:      "Atri Vainikainen" <atri@iobox.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with Compaq Smart Array 3200 ??

Hello,

I have run into a trouble with installing freeBSD 3.4 with Compaq's Smart Array 3200 - Installation doesn't seem to find the disks configured with Smart Array.
All it says is "No disks found" - For several hours I've tried and tried to read handbooks and faqs and stuff, but haven't found a clue what to do?
(Well I've gotten so far that I suppose that should get a support for Smart Array to the kernel somehow..)

I'm a newbie to freeBSD, but used other flavors of unix quite a lot..
Just wondering, that support for Smart Array is mentioned in the web pages, but not in the installation instructions that come on the CD - has there been changes between 3.4 and 4.0 in this ?

Any help highly appreciated - Detailed instructions favorable

Thanks in advance,

Atri

Atri Vainikainen
Tampere, Finland