Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:38:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        "Shaffer, Gary R" <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
Cc:        "'Michael Robinson'" <robinson@netrinsics.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Linux JDK on FreeBSD (was Re: Alpha JDK 1.2.2 JPDA extension 1)

> Another possiblity is for everyone to go a knock'n on BSDi's door and ask
> them when they are going make the JDK1.2.2 port for FreeBSD/BSDi available..

That door would be at my house, since the FreeBSD team is who is going
to be making the port.  BSDi is just the 'legal entity' Sun is using to
keep the lawyers happy.

> Right now, the only people with access to it are those with paid support
> contracts.  Maybe if enough noise was generated, they would do something.

That's a BSDi commercial issue, and is *completely* un-related to how
things are going to be don in the FreeBSD world.  (Trust me on this,
please.  I've already fought and won that battle, let's not fight it
again.)

Nate