Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:07:18 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.net>
To:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, ncb@zip.com.au
Subject:   Re: Disallow remote login by regular user.

hi,

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 05:40:56PM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:

> >Hi folks. I'm trying to ocnfigure my system so that I can disallow a
> >particular user account from being able to login remotely, and forcing
> >users to su to the account instead. How may I configure this?
>
> >PS. Users may be using anything from telnet to ssh to login to the system,
                                                  ^^^
> >so I need something that works across the board.
>
> I find that using '*' as the encrypted password appears to do the job
> for me.

It will not fix a problem if user if user have ~/.ssh/identity file :)

Simplest and dirty way to fix such problems is just changing user shell
to unexistent one or something like /bin/date :)

--
/* Alexey Zelkin                       && phantom@cris.net    */
/* Tavric National University          && phantom@crimea.edu  */