Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2013 09:16:48 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update /usr/src with subversion

On 05/08/2013 09:00, David Noel wrote:
> Does anyone know how a workaround for having to rm -rf /usr/src every
> time the source URL changes? I'm updating from 8.3 to 8.4 with
> subversion and got a message along the lines of "Error: /usr/src/
> contains files from a different URL". -David

You need 'svn switch' -- so, if you've got some other branch checked
out, and you want to have 8.4-RELEASE instead, then it's something like:

   # svn switch ^/base/releng/8.4

This will speedily change your checked out tree with minimal network IO.

You can also use 'svn switch --relocate' to change which svn servers you
have the tree checked out from or the protocol (svn://, https:// etc)
used.  See the output of 'svn help switch' for details.

	Cheers,

	Matthew