Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 09:34:13 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   AWE32 and ep0 driver...

Sorry for the cross posting - however, although this qualifies as a question,
I think the hackers list will be able to provide the best answer...

I have been running the FreeBSD 2.2 snaps on my pentium 100 for several weeks
now, getting ready to set up a PA enviornment between my 6 machines to he
do some testing (see prior exchanges with Jordan) of FreeBSD. This weekend,
I installed an AWE32 Soundblaster, and have been running it fine under
DOS/Windows with my 3Com card (3C509-B). However, last night I ran FreeBSD
for the first time since its install, and suddenly, the ep0 probe fails to find
the card.

It seems to be related to the "identification" phase of the 3Com driver. It
displays(non-verbatim) "found 8 3C5X9 adapters at 0x200 0x200 0x200 0x200
0x200 0x200 0x200 0x200", and then fails to see the real ep0 at 0x300 (irq 10).

I've trolled through the mail lists, and saw reference to getting the new AWE32
driver from a site in Japan, which I did via my DOS partition. However, I think
I botched the install, as I still can't get aq clean kernel to compile. I
figured while I had downtime while I was at work today, I would see if anyone
knew that this was the right direction, or if I was wasting my time, and they
could suggest something better.

TIA
	-Brian