Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:39:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>, nate@mt.sri.com, gallatin@cs.duke.edu (Andrew Gallatin), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serious server-side NFS problem

:
:>Yeah, uptime is moving which makes it difficult for me too. When new
:>machines enter the network, they need to announce a number which is used to
:>decice who will become the master if the current master disappears. I could
:>just announce currenttime-uptime, but that's got a slightly different
:>meaning that I'll have to consider.
:
:just announce uptime, the one with the largest number wins.
:
:--
:Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
:phk@FreeBSD.ORG               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
:FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!

    Go outside, kill the circuit breaker, then turn it back on.

    It's easier just to use the IP address.  Highest number wins.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>