Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:25:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: 1 in 8 success with `pkg_add -r`

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> I hope you do realise, though, that without seeing the exact error
> message printed, if any, nobody can help you effectively.

The usual pkg_add error I normally (often) get is that it is attempting to
get ftp://blah.blah.blah/pkgname.tgz then a line saying not found.

> Then, try using the port to install it:
> 	# cd /usr/ports/x11/imwheel

I haven't yet learned how to use portupgrade -- in this case I would only
want imwheel and not -all- ports.  To replicate the folder structure
locally I would have to do a number of ftp's (since there is no tarball).

> 	# make install clean

> --
> FreeBSD: The Power to Serve -- http://www.FreeBSD.org

What does the clean part do? i.e. why make then install then clean (in that
order?)  Does make install make a binary to run or a sh configure.sh?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder