Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 07:23:05 -0500
From:      Denny <denny@kewanee.net>
To:        Plamen Petkov <plamendp@techno-link.com>, freebsd-questionsFreeBSDORG <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ICQJava

Quoting Plamen Petkov (plamendp@techno-link.com):
> Hi,
>
> I d/l JDK 1.1.5 and ICQJava (0.98b... maybe...installed at home... at
> least it is "the preview only)..
>
> It starts fine but trying to connect again and again w/o regular success
> (sometimes connects, sometime not). Well, I thought that mirabilis
> server is out of order or it's "network status" is out... but when I
> rebooted in W95 and run ICQ it get's ready almost immediately... i.e.
> get connected just in a seconds... pfu... "lucky you", I said... and
> reboot in FreeBSD... nope... can't connect...

Welcome to ICQJava.  That's just the way that it works for me and
from what I gather, most everyone else.  I don't think that there
is a big enough demand for the Java version, so they haven't put
a lot of effort into it.  Considering the security holes that have
been discovered recently, I'm personally glad that I no longer run
it.

--
Regards,

Denny Reiter