Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:10:50 +0100
From:      Matthew Bayliss-N3D <matthew.bayliss.01@bbc.co.uk>
To:        "'Nick Slager'" <nicks@albury.net.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 3C589 Network card.

	[Matthew Bayliss-N3D]  Just wanted to say thanks, I'd had a brain
transplant that day and had configured everything but pccardd.  What a dumb
ass I am!

	Anyway it's fine now, cheers.

	BTW thanks for the ifconfig_pccard hint - I didn't know that
existed.  I always configured it in a script that ran a short while after
the system was up.

	Matt

> It's been ep since at least 3.2, probably earlier than that also...
>
> > pccard_enable="YES"
> > network_interfaces="lo0 ep0 tun0"
> > ifconfig_ep0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
>
> These settings won't actually assign the IP address to the interface, as
> you're using a PCMCIA card. You'll need to use something like:
>
> pccard_enable="YES"
> pccard_ifconfig="inet 203.15.244.203  netmask 255.255.255.0"
>
> Is the card actually detected by the machine? Is pccardd running? What
> does 'ifconfig -a' show?
>

> Nick.

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way, and notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC, unless specifically stated.