Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:32:15 +0100
From:      Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie@dyslexicfish.net>
To:        matt@chronos.org.uk, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: De Raadt + FBSD + OpenSSH + hole?

Matt Dawson <matt@chronos.org.uk> wrote:

> My first thought when I saw this was "ego over ethics," which says more
> about Theo than FreeBSD.

Totally.

I know Theo has a reputation for being 'difficult', but in my opinion,
this outburst really calls into question his perceived motivations
regarding secure software.

As to the specific question, I don't think his ego would allow a bug
in openssh to persist, so even if it does, I'd suspect it's not too
serious (or it's non-trivial to exploit), and it's related to FreeBSD
produced 'glue'.

This is total guesswork on my part, but I'd therefore assume he was
talkining about openssh in base, rarther than openssh-portable in
ports.