Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 06:21:15 -0700
From:      "Hall, John W." <HALLJO@mail.northgrum.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Install Problem FreeBSD 4.4

This problem also occurs on FreeBSD 4.0 install.

After choosing installation media of CD/DVD, I reply yes to
committing to the installation.  At this point I receive the following
message:

"The disk currently in the drive is either not a Free BSD disc or
it is an older (pre 2.1.5) Free BSD CD which does not have a
version number on it.  Do you wish to use this disc anyway?

I reply "Yes" and receive the following message:

"Unable to transfer the bin distribution from acd0c"

Cannot proceed beyond this point.

What puzzles me is that everything works fine up to this point.
Such as booting from CDROM, disk label editing and  initializing
the partitions within my FreeBSD slice which happens to be ad0s3.
There are two FAT partitions of 4 GIG each proceeding it.  But that
should not be a problem, right?

John W. Hall
Northrop Grumman Information Technology
Internal Information Services