Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 21:14:09 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Veaceslav Revutchi <sl@dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how get FreeBSD on a notebook without a FDD and CDROM?

Greetings,

Here is the situation: I got a notebook, broken floppy drive and
no cdrom. HDD is 1.3GB with one big FAT partition with windows 95 on it.

Now I need to still keep the 95 thing on it but make some room for 4.0
and install it. How do I do that?
I could get a ether card in it and copy the FreeBSD distr. in a folder.
But to actualy install it I need to somehow boot freebsd on it.

Is there a way to launch the FreeBSD installer from withing DOS or
a similar way?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

slava