Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2008 13:16:07 +0200
From:      "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        vova@fbsd.ru
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ALSA support for linuxator - any ideas / progress ?

Quoting "Vladimir Grebenschikov" <vova@fbsd.ru> (from Wed, 01 Oct 2008 =20
14:08:08 +0400):

> Hi
>
> As far as we have working flash player under linuxator (see "firefox &
> flash9 patches" thread in emulation@) it will be nice to have sound
> here.
> So far flashplayer9 just complains about no ALSA devices:

> Probably anyone have ideas how to make linux ALSA applications to =20
> work under FreeBSD ?
> some obvious ideas here:
> - provide fake, OSS-backended libalsa (probably there is such beast =20
> on Linux ?)

AFAIK there's no such thing on Linux. The openosund developers had a =20
fake libalsa, but it was just a minimal one, and they dont't really =20
maintain it.

> - port ALSA framework on FreeBSD (looks complex, but there was such =20
> talks about this in lists)

There was just some talk to get the OSS libalsa working... but only =20
talk, no code. So just assume there's nothing.

> - something else ?

There's a flash9 add-on which uses OSS instead of ALSA =20
(libflashsupport.so in the linux-flashplugin9 port). It should work. =20
If not someone should have a look at what's going on there.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #139: