Date:      11 Mar 98 23:31:01 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp incoming access.

Sometimes somebody tries to connect to my machine, when i ppp to my isp. For
fun I want to allow access to my webserver, which is not on the ppp'ing
machine.

webserver: 192.168.0.10 (darla)
ppp-machine: 192.168.0.11 (arnold)

I have in ppp.conf:
default:
  alias enable yes
  alias port tcp 192.168.0.10:80 80

This I would think should tell that incoming http-requests should be forwarded
to the webserver.

If I telnet to the ip-adress ppp gets from my isp, I get the login-prompt for
arnold.
But if I telnet to the same ip-adress, port 80, nothing happens.
Is it possible at all?

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---